- Output voltage maximum 5kV
- Resistance range max 10TΩ
- Accuracy ±5% ≤ 1TΩ/±20%to10TΩ
- Smaller size and lighter weight allows easier transport and use without compromising performance.
- High measurement range enables installation testing and long-term trending of higher value apparatus.
- Unique dual case design allows for fire-retardant protection while maintaining ruggedness.
- High-quality, flexible silicon test leads meet safety regulations of IEC 61010-31:2008 while ensuring measurement accuracy.
- Timed IR plus PI, DAR, DD, SV and ramp tests maximize diagnostic testing capability.
- Operate from line power when battery fully discharged (charges while operating).
- Two and one-half hour full battery charge time (one-half hour charge for one hour testing) significantly increases productivity.
- Up to six hours continuous testing (5 kV) on a single battery charge.
- Industry best guard terminal performance to insure highest accuracy of measured values.
- Enhanced driver technology provides plug-and-play when connected to the internet. No tedious and potentially interruptive setup procedures.
- Dedicated voltmeter function (30 V to 660 V) with frequency measurement allows the user to check for
- induced voltages.
- CATIV 600 V safety rating on all terminals allows for safe use in the widest range of applications.
- Large LCD with automatic backlight.
- Noise filter rejects up to 3 mA noise for effective operation in electrically noisy environments.
- High altitude operation up to 3000 m while maintaining CATIV 600 V rating.
- Rotary switch operation for easy, intuitive field use.
- Field replaceable battery.
- Locking test leads provide additional safety.
- 3 mA short circuit current with unique max power regulations technology ensures maximum transfer whatever the load until selected voltage is reached.
- 5% accuracy all the way up to 1 T-ohm at 5 kV and 2 T-ohm at 10 kV ensures highest accuracy where it matters most.
- Date and time-stamped test results reduce the risk of error in result interpretation.
The new range of insulation resistance testers consists of three models: two 5 kV units (MIT515 and MIT525) and a 10 kV unit (MIT1025). Resistance measurement is available up to 10 TΩ for the 5 kV models and 20 TΩ for the 10 kV model. The new instruments are smaller and lighter than previous models yet offer advanced features and rapid charge capability.
A key productivity feature is the ability to take measurements when connected to line power/mains with a dead battery. Intelligent battery charging ensures the optimum charge rate as a function of battery level, resulting in minimum charge times.
The rugged, unique dual case design provides the ultimate protection for a portable instrument and a clip-on lead pouch ensures that leads remain with the instrument at all times. The case lid is removable for improved terminal access. IP rating is IP65 with the case closed preventing water/dust ingress. High reliability and safety are built in; all models are safety rated to CATIV 600 V and are double insulated.
Five preset voltage ranges are provided in insulation test mode, plus a user settable lock voltage range. Any
selectable test voltage may be locked and restored via the selector switch, thereby increasing efficiency of commissioning and repetitive tests. Preconfigured diagnostic tests include Polarization Index (PI), Dielectric
Absorption Ratio (DAR), dielectric discharge (DD), Step Voltage (SV) and ramp test.
The ramp function gradually increases voltage up to a selected level while graphing current vs. voltage (graph
downloadable). Graphs can be compared to example curves in IEEE 95-2002 to reveal a variety of faults difficult to detect otherwise. Small defects can be easily detected without risking the sudden large voltage increments produced by a Step Voltage test. Monitoring the developing graph during test enables the operator to terminate prior to breakdown, thereby reducing the possibility of damage to already flawed insulation. These units are particularly informative on polyester, asphalt and epoxy-mica insulations. They can also test voltage suppression devices.
Simplicity of operation is achieved with two rotary switches and the large backlit display enables multiple results to be displayed simultaneously.
Advanced memory storage includes time/date stamping of results, logging of data and recall of results to screen. A fully isolated USB device interface (type B) is used for safe transfer of data to Megger’s PowerDB asset management software.
Typical end users include:
- Electrical contractors
- Testing and service companies
- Wind farm and solar generation operators
- Power generation and distribution companies
- Industrial companies
- Rail companies
The units are designed for testing the insulation of high-voltage electric equipment. Their wide voltage range
also allows applications for low-voltage equipment. Generators, motors, transformers, cables and switchgear all require effective maintenance. The test techniques on the instruments provide valuable diagnostic information.
All three instruments test the insulation resistance of:
- High-voltage power cables and high-voltage buses
- Large motor/generator windings
- Line and substation transformers
The MIT525 and MIT1025 also perform spot tests, step-voltage tests, dielectric discharge tests, ramp tests, and dielectric absorption tests for the following applications:
- Acceptance testing at installation to check conformance to specifications.
- Routine preventive/predictive maintenance testing after installation.
- QA testing as part of the manufacturing process.
- Diagnostic testing to isolate faulty components for repair.
With its higher voltage testing capability, the MIT1025 is the perfect everyday work tool for manufacturers, users and maintainers of rotating machinery. Designed in accordance with the requirements of IEEE43:2000, the MIT1025 is ideal for measuring the insulation resistance of armature and field windings in rotating machines rated 1hp (750 W) or greater. The standard applies to synchronous, induction and dc machines as well as synchronous condensers.
>CATIV 600V rating on ALL terminals >Easy-to-read rotary test selection button includes IR, IR(t), DAR, PI, DD, SV and Ramp Test